1.22.2011

Looking through a 5% opening

After putting him down at 11pm, he proceeded to wake up at 2am, 4:30am for feedings. I can handle that, barely. But at 5:45am, I heard the familiar stirrings and frustrated gruntings coming from the nursery. After waiting 5 minutes to see if by some miracle he would soothe himself back to sleep, I rolled out of bed, eyes 95% closed, and stumbled to see what the problem was. There, fully awake in his crib, was Tristan. His eyes wide open like it was the most exciting thing in the world to be up at the butt crack of dawn. Even through a 5% opening of my lids, I could see how adorable he was and melted a little inside. Then reality hit me when I realized, crap, I have to lull him back to sleep if I want to go back to sleep.

And that's where we are now, 1/2 hr later, and he is still fully awake.

Good morning.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, a nice example of unconditional, motherly love. :)

    ReplyDelete