8.02.2011

A Bad Day

Today was a rough day for baby. Here are the lowlights:

1. Started off his morning pulling himself up on the coffee table, only to slip and fall on the ground. Cried for a minute.

2. Snot rockets and coughs with this nasty cold he's had since Sunday.

3. Afternoon fever of 100 degrees (and not the good kind of fever like the song).

4. Then the worst: he was standing on my lap as I was sitting at the table playing with my laptop and decided to vigorously jump off my lap, out of my arms and landed face first onto the wooden end table. Cried only for a few minutes (whatta champ!), but the fall created a bump on his forehead and what looks like a future bruise. I was devastated. I was devastated for my hurt baby, and for the fact that it happened on my watch! What kind of mother am I?? How could I scar my beautiful perfect little baby!!?? Rationally, I know I didn't do it, but emotionally, I'm guilty as sin. I kept asking Joe if I gave him a concussion, but Joe said he wouldn't be alert if I did.

It was a bad bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment