3.22.2011

Falling Asleep

So a minor miracle happened today, which other parents will appreciate if reading this. But first let me explain our "normal" day in terms of napping, a cycle that happens about 5 times a day:

1. Tristan gets cranky
2. I swaddle him
3. I bounce him up and down for about 10 minutes until he falls asleep in my arms
4. He stays wrapped in my arms for 5-15 more minutes until he's in deep sleep
5. I put him down in his crib for his nap

Today was different in this way:

1. Tristan got cranky
2. I put him in his crib and he fell asleep in 5 minutes

OMG. Completely skipped steps 2-4!! It's happened twice today already, which is sign that this could be the new trend. It may seem like a small feat, saving 15 minutes and some energy, but 15 minutes x 5 times/day = over an hour of my life I just got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment