7.19.2011

Little Miracles on a Bad Bad Day

Yesterday counts as one of the worst feeling days of my life. Joe and I contracted a serious case of food poisoning, most likely from spoiled sour cream. I woke up at 3am, and hurled like I've never hurled before in my life. It's probably been over 5 years since I vomited, and so I was deeply disturbed by the disgustingness of it all. (Sorry if this blog entry is not the most pleasant to read) Joe was able to take care of me for all of a couple of hours until he came down with the same symptoms as well. We woke up feeling like death. But alas, there's a whining baby to take care of! Thankfully, my Mom came by and took care of baby's needs while I laid to rest, weak in the knees but not from love, no, but from a blueberry muffin with sour cream that so wasn't worth it. I think Tristan knew we were in bad shape: he was cheerful, happy, and napped for 2 hours to help us get through the day. Oh, and he drank 4 ounces from a bottle that Po-Po fed him! Oh, the little miracles that get you through days like this. I am super appreciative to have my parents around, especially on days like yesterday. She had to be a Mom and take care of her sick daughter, and a Grandma and take care of her grandson. Her work is never done.


This is my little happy miracle today. Complete with a v-neck fit that makes him saucy looking. Don't worry, I buttoned him up after I took this photo. Tristan automatically smiles for photos. It's kinda cute. He got that from me. Anyone who knows Joe knows that he didn't know how to smile for the camera until I taught him how. I worked hard to get a smiling family!
















These photos below were taken a couple of days ago. We're trying to get him to crawl, but so far it's not working. Instead, he chooses to breakdance. I'm raising an 80's baby.

1 comment:

  1. that's terrible you guys got sick. doesn't sound so fun. hopefully you're feeling better.

    I'm cracking up at Tristan's break dancing photos! HAHA

    ReplyDelete