2.24.2011

No Work All Play

Recently I made the decision to not return to work at Galileo until the next school year (Aug 2011). Up until Tristan, my priority was my career. I put my all into counseling, getting involved in school committees, planning events, sponsoring a class. You name it, I was in it. And I prided myself on being involved and being in the know about everything there was to know about Gal. When I got pregnant, my principal in her infinite wisdom said to me, "you're not coming back." I assured her, and was 100% confident, that I would return in March. There was NO WAY I could be a stay-at-home mom!

But then Tristan was born. And things changed.

All I want to do is spend time with him. In fact, it is physically PAINFUL for me to be apart from the little bugger for more than a couple of hours. I've never felt this kind of pull to any human being before (even to Joe during our courting phase! Sorry, babe). And yes, leaving for the rest of the year means I'll lose a year of seniority, and I'll be a year behind in a tiny salary increase, and a year behind in retirement, but really, as my dad says, we need to live for the now. And now, Tristan is completely adorable and growing too fast. Now, he is the love of my life. And NOW, is when I can be with him completely.

And so, I will. And I am.

1 comment: