1.17.2012

Martin Luther King Weekend

This was the weekend we remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  He led the fight for all of us to not be judged by the color of our skin but by the content of our character.  Before that fight, half white half Chinese people like me had to overcome all kinds of barriers like.... well I'm not sure but they'll probably teach me about it in third grade or something. Thanks Dr King!

Saturday I went to Uncle Pete's birthday party and Daddy stayed home with Uncle Jason to watch the 49er's play.  We got home near the end of the game and right at the moment when the other team scored.  Daddy had that look on his face when I have an extra stinky diaper.  Then the 49er's somehow scored to win and Daddy jumped around and screamed like an immature 12 month old.  The rest of the weekend he kept saying with a big grin "Alex Smith?" like it was a question I was supposed to answer.  It looked fun so I'm gonna start watching this football thing.

Next day we decided to have a relaxing day at Crissy Field.   Mommy says to get the ladies I need to be sensitive but strong.  I tried to portray it in this photo.  Waddya think?


Ignore the drool I was busy contemplating.  She also says be fun and playful.  Does this capture it?

I think I'm ready for OK Cupid and might use one of the photos above.  We walked around for a good bit but Mommy and Daddy got tired of chasing me around so Mommy held my hand so we could get places.

This having to hold hands thing really cramps my style since I can't get into everything but these are the compromises to have to make when you are 13 months.   I did get some time to see how beautiful my city is and how lucky I am to live here.

The next day we were off to Tilden Park to play where Daddy played as a kid.  The first stop was the steam trains. Yeah this was fun!  Here's me before the train pulled out:


Then here we are checking out the scene on the right:

And then the left.  It was good times!

Next off to the farm.  Now we went before and there are rumors that I was scared on my first visit.  Let's put that rumor to rest I was not scared.  Tristan isn't afraid of anything (except vacuum cleaners... and the Elmo doll).  I simply had a bad migraine.  Anyway this time we checked out the cows:

And the rabbits,

Then some chickens,

and we fed the sheep.

See- I wasn't scared.  Silly rumors.

No comments:

Post a Comment