5.07.2011

Birthday Boo-Boo

Thursday we celebrated Uncle Boo-Boo's 28th birthday. I like to remind him that he's no spring chicken (rooster?). I cooked a fabulous time-consuming meal of Thomas Keller's Beef Bourginion which took me all of two days to prepare, but did come out rather fancy looking. I mean really Thomas, do you really have to cook the red pearl onions separate from the white pearl onions in their own pot of 12 peppercorns, 2 springs of thyme, a pinch of salt, and a bay leaf? But, to not offend him, I did. Then we had a Kalua cake that my mom baked, spiked not only with Kalua, but also vodka (apparently she's a closet alcoholic baker), and a strawberry icebox pie that I made since strawberry ice cream is a continued Boo-Boo favorite.



















Here are some photos of the day, including this one of Tristan and Po-Po.

















And this one of Tristan's tiny adorable hand and Joe's massive appendage.








This one was Tristan coming up for breathe, then biting down on the table. For what reason? Who knows. Maybe he likes beef bourginion crumbs.












And this one of him and Auntie Lauren. I swear he knows how to make love to the camera much too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment