5.28.2011

One Day in Monterey

For Memorial Day weekend, Joe anxiously awaited his annual boys camping trip. Time to get away from a crying baby, a nagging wife, and the harsh city life. But alas, Mother Nature decided to snow out the site, and he was left campless. So instead, he was forced to spend family time with us, and we took an impromptu overnight to Monterey, courtesy of a really good deal on hotwire.com. A 4 star hotel for $116?? Hell yah! Hotwire is my crack - I get this gambling high right when I buy, as the website is about to reveal the name of the hotel I've just purchased. Credit card imputed...please wait while we process your card...your hotel is...The Hyatt!! Score!

So we strolled along the coastline, walked around Cannery Row (which was exactly like Fisherman's Wharf, but not as good), and took photos along the way. At night, instead of a romantic meal at a nice restaurant, we took out from Whole Foods and had bbq chicken and roasted marshmellows by the Hyatt fire pit. Because it was vacation, Joe let me indulge on Whole Foods handmade artisan marshmallows. You get like a dozen for $6, what a rip off, but they sure were ooey gooey delicious.



Gotta love his expression. When he smiles like this, it reminds me of my Yeen Yeen.












Finally a good family photo.












Perched precariously on a cliff overhang.

Ok, it wasn't that precarious. I mean really, you think I would have let Joe take him if it was?? But in the photo it looks it, huh.










And finally, my little yoga master. Joe says no Marshman has ever maintained flexibility, so this may be the last you see of this pose.

1 comment:

  1. Tristan is so cute! Love the pictures and stories here and I'll check out the videos later. Hope to see you guys and the little bugger again soon!

    ReplyDelete