5.14.2011

First Solids!

Last night I got 6 hours of non-interrupted, non-waking, non-feeding, non-crying sleep. "How?" you may ask. Well, it's this little miracle called OAT CEREAL. Behold my new best friend:












Yesterday we fed Tristan solids for the first time in his life. Grandma bought him classic Beech Nut Oatmeal, which we mixed with formula and fed him from spoons from Auntie Katie. At first, it was a bit awkward for him. I mean, think about if you've never eaten from a spoon before in your life, and all of a sudden a 6'2" man called "Daddy" is shoving stuff into your mouth with this foreign object called a spoon. You'd have some adjustment issues, too. So needless to say, it got all over.





















But he got used to it, and pretty quickly I might add. In fact, he couldn't get enough of it, and we stopped only because the doctor's instructions for the 1st time dictated so.























This tiny milestone is my little miracle. At least for now, this means that Joe can feed him with a spoon (since he still won't take the bottle), and he'll eat. Which gives me a few hours of more freedom. And it also means that he might sleep longer in the night (which happened last night), though that too could be temporary. But I'll take it!

Then we had a little fun with a newly acquired wig (really my recently cut hair, bundled in a rubberband):
















Like father, like son. This is how Joe would look with hair:

No comments:

Post a Comment